An unapologetic plant geek shares advice and opinions on gardening, the contrived and the natural landscape, as well as occasional topics from the other side of the gate.

February 5, 2008

Feels Like May

It was over 70 here today, quite nice, but I worry what prolonged high temperatures might do to the late winter/early spring plants that do not know how to hold back - like the deciduous magnolias or the quince. Last year we had an extremely warm January that caused many plants to swell and begin opening early, only to be smacked in February. Maybe things will moderate.


Here are a couple of camellias I shot at work. The first is 'April Remembered' and the second is 'Freedom Bell'.
I also want to share the incredible sunset tonight. I took this near the bridge leading into my neighborhood, overlooking the Layfayette River.

No comments:

Post a Comment